August 2, 2018 John chapter 9
The blind man didn't have all the answers to the Pharisees' questions. He simply knew that he had been given sight. When Jesus brings us alive spiritually, we will know it. Internally we will be aware of the transformation. We may not be able to explain it clearly. People may not be content with our attempted explanations. But this testimony is enough, I was blind, now I see.
I was blind to my sin, but now I see my need for a Savior. I was blind to Jesus' worth, but now I see him as my greatest treasure. I was blind to the needs around me, but now I carry Christ's compassion for others in me.
Have you received spiritual sight? Do you see yourself and others through the eyes of Jesus?
I was blind to my sin, but now I see my need for a Savior. I was blind to Jesus' worth, but now I see him as my greatest treasure. I was blind to the needs around me, but now I carry Christ's compassion for others in me.
Have you received spiritual sight? Do you see yourself and others through the eyes of Jesus?



One of the things I love about this story is that the man who was blind didn't have to go to Jesus. Jesus came to him! Jesus meets us in our brokenness, in our pain and suffering, when we're blind! He comes for us and searches until He finds us! So He went to the blind man. But I find this interesting... The disciples asked who sinned, the blind man or his parents. Everyone who saw this man probably thought he had done something wrong. They thought that his struggle was his punishment for sin he had committed. But Jesus tells them no, this man was blind so that the power and authority of the living God could be revealed through him! What's also amazing about this story is the blind man's faith. When Jesus told him to go wash in the Pool of Siloam, he immediately went! It doesn't say that he questioned Jesus, but he obeyed Jesus! And then his sight was restored to him! It's amazing! When we trust Jesus, He will work through us for God's glory, and He will work inside our hearts too! At the end of this chapter, Jesus asks the man if he believes in Him. The man said "Lord, I believe" and he worships! Jesus came to give sight to the blind and take the sight of those who thought they could see. Have faith in Jesus, and He will do amazing things!
ReplyDelete