August 1, 2018 John chapter 8

God alone is our judge We have been freely shown grace when we didn't deserve it, and so we must freely extend grace. 
Jesus isn't condoning sin here. He does call the woman to leave her life of sin, but He offers grace first. Only a heart humbled to receive grace will be free to change.
We can't change people with shame. Guilt will not transform only love and grace.
Have you received this? Have you given this away?

Comments

  1. "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." Everyone who sins is a slave to sin, a slave to themselves, a slave to the enemy. I once was. Before I heard Jesus calling my name, I was lost. I was in a prison that was guarded by the enemy. But he had put "good" things in it, so that no one wanted to leave. It was a life of ease. It was so attractive that he didn't even need to lock us in. We just... Stayed. Stayed in the darkness because of fear of the light. I knew that life would be harder if I followed Jesus, so, I didn't. For so long, I was wandering in circles without a purpose, heading towards death. But this is where the truth comes in! Jesus, in His unshakable love and great mercy, rescued me! He brought me out of that prison! Even though I wasn't sure at that time that I wanted to leave with Him, I did. But I still didn't understand how He could change my life, my heart, my mind, everything! But He did! He showed me the truth! And I realized that I was a slave! But the truth has set me free! And now, the same God that rescued me from my son and myself, is rescuing others through me! It's amazing to see God transform us to be the people He wants us to be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts