July 19, 2018 Luke Chapter 19

Zacchaeus' repsonse to meeting Jesus can teach us much about the Gospel. Salvation brings change that will be evident in every part of our life. Jesus saw the radical change in Zacchaeus' attitude toward money as evdience that He had entered the Kingdom. He had found a greater treasure in King Jesus that freed him from the prison of his possessions. Does our life reflect a freedom from idols? Jesus calls those who haven't found that freedom, lost. He came to seek and save us from the emptiness of living life apart from Him.

Comments

  1. "My house will be a house of prayer; but you have made it a den of robbers." I think this is really interesting because those people who were selling and buying at the temple were missing the point! They didn't go to the temple to be with God, but rather to gain something. I have read this passage many times before and looked down on those people, thinking that I would never do something like that. But I realize, I have. I have prayed to God with words not from my heart. Words that only ask for something. But I should be resting and at peace in knowing who God is and tell Him again what He has done for me! It's ok to ask God for things, in fact, it's good. But not if t becomes the focus of your whole relationship with God. His presence is better than His presents.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts