July 26, 2018 John. Chapter 2
Jesus was angry that greed of the Jewish leaders had made it hard for outsiders to connect with God. They had turned the sacrificial system into a business instead of worship. We often do the same thing. If we are not careful we can live selfish lives that ignore the people He has called us to serve. Are you letting the Lord remove the things that keep your focus inward?



"Jesus answered them, 'destroy this temple and I will raise it again in three days.'" They didn't get it. But Jesus isn't saying that He's gonna build a building in three days. He's predicting His death and resurrection! Before Jesus, the temple was the connection between God and His people. It was the way they could worship Him. Some would have to travel from far away to get there. Then Jesus came. He came to make another way. A better way. That way is Himself! He lived the life we couldn't live and died the death we deserved and destroyed sin and death by letting death destroy Him! What everyone thought was the end was actually a new beginning! A new beginning only possible by the blood of our Savior! And now He is the connection between God and His people! He is the only way! And through Him, we can be in he presence of a holy God without shame or fear to come to Him because HE WELCOMES US! HE LOVES US! HE WANTS US! And He will never let us go
ReplyDeleteThabTh Hannah for your faithful posting. I am always encouraged by the insight that God has given you. Guess what I am seeing your sponsored child this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I will send you a picture !
DeleteThat's awesome! I wish I could be there too!
Delete