July 30, 2018 John chapter 6
Jesus alone satisfies! The people were looking for another miracle to feed their stomachs. Jesus did the miracle to prove that He himself is the bread. God will provide for our needs, but the greatest need we have is Jesus. Our greatest need is also our complete satisfaction. When we believe and receive this we will be filled with peace and joy!



"It is I; don't be afraid." The name of Jesus is enough to drive away every fear and worry! It's enough to calm the storms! It's enough to raise the dead to life! Jesus saw that His disciples were afraid, so He made His presence known to them. His presence is what our hearts truly long for. We can try to fill that longing, that need, with other things, but we will be empty. That's not how it is with Jesus though. He promises to us that when we seek, Him we will find Him, when we seek Him with our whole heart. He is right there! He's with us when we're facing trials and He's with us when we aren't! His love is enduring through every season of our lives, no matter what we believe, wether we follow Him or not, His love for us is unshakable! And that unshakable love He has for me is my foundation! That's why I will not be shaken when I'm face to face with pain or struggle or sorrow! Because I am standing on solid ground!
ReplyDelete