Jesus was fueled by mission. He was always aware of His Father's work around Him. He had set His heart to complete the call on His life. We will find joy and strenght when we prioritize King Jesus and His mission. Are you being filled up by being poured out?
"Jesus answered, 'Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'" Jesus is saying that He is the only way that we can be satisfied, full, completed! And that is the truth! There is nothing! NOTHING! That can fill us up other than Jesus Christ! We run after things in this world and start to believe the lie that if we just have this or that then we'll be satisfied. But this world and the things of this world are falsely advertised! Because nothing here will give you life! Nothing can give you peace! Nothing can give you purpose! Nothing but the blood of our amazing Jesus! He alone is worthy of our praise! We can try to find purpose somewhere in this broken world, but we will leave that search empty handed. Some people never leave that search. That makes me sad, and mad. Not mad at those people, but mad at brokenness. Mad at the lies that the enemy shoves into their hearts! Mad at the hurt and the pain of the lost! It breaks my heart to know that there are people in other countries, other states, and even in the state that I live in, who don't know this hope that I know. Who don't know the love the I know. Who can't see God's loving hand working through everything because they don't know Him. In Him alone, our purpose is found!
ReplyDelete