July 20, 2018 Luke CHAPTER 20
Jesus tells a shocking parable about a vineyard to reveal the hardness of the human heart. He insinuates that a rebellious people are capable of doing the unthinkable, killing the Owner's Son. The people are appalled and say, "May this never be!"
Jesus then looks directly at them (even at their hearts) and quotes from the Psalms.
Every human heart is capable of the greatest rebellion. We all took part in killing the Owner's Son. We have all rejected the cornerstone.
Jesus came to offer grace and redemption to this great rebellion. The only requirement is to admit our need of it.
Have you accepted forgiveness for your rebel heart?
Jesus then looks directly at them (even at their hearts) and quotes from the Psalms.
Every human heart is capable of the greatest rebellion. We all took part in killing the Owner's Son. We have all rejected the cornerstone.
Jesus came to offer grace and redemption to this great rebellion. The only requirement is to admit our need of it.
Have you accepted forgiveness for your rebel heart?



I was living for myself, for nothing, before I knew Jesus. I had fun, had friends, had everything I needed, or so I thought. But I was missing the one thing that I needed. Jesus. I believed in God, that He gave His one and only Son so that my sins could be forgiven. But I didn't understand it with my heart. I couldn't wrap my mind around the reality of it, the truth. It didn't change me in how I lived or acted or spoke or thought. It didn't make me want to get up and dance and sing for joy. It didn't make me want to do something to help those who have nothing. It didn't make me want to reach out to those around me who were hurting. I was breathing yet not alive. But God had a plan for me all along! He rescued me out of the prison that I thought I belonged in and He showed me where my true home is! It's with Him! And now there is NO place that I'd rather be than in my Father's loving arms! I was dead in my sin, and He revealed that to me! But He is not the God of the dead, but of the living! He redeemed me and He calls me His own! His child! His messenger! I am blessed beyond all measure to know the life that only my Daddy can give! And now, I am alive! The truth of the grace and love of God does change my life and my heart! It changes everything!!
ReplyDelete