July 15, 2018 LUKE CHAPTER 15
Jesus tells three parables in response to the Pharisee's frustration with His love for sinners. Each of the parables reveals God's heart and compassion for what is lost. The final parable of the Prodigal Son powerfully demonstrates the Father's grace. When the son turned towards home with his head down, the Father sees him from far away. The Father's compassion, grace, and love are searching, ready to respond to repentance. The Father runs and tackles the son not with judgment and punishment but with forgiveness and celebration for the reunion. We need to understand the heart of Father. When we fall, He is always ready to welcome us back! We also need to be freed from the self-righteous smugness of the Pharisees. We want to join with all of heaven and celebrate every time a sinner comes home!



This is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible! Because I know that I was that son that ran off. I wanted what God could give me and not God Himself. I didn't have a love for God or an understanding of who He was and who He wanted me to be. So I just didn't care. But then as I was wandering, my loving and merciful Father came running toward me! He loved me too much to let me go! It wasn't me who found Him, but Him who found me! And I won't ever doubt Him again! Because now I know who He is, and I know Him! He is my Redeemer, my Healer, my Savior, my best Friend, my Shepherd, my Father! Now, I would rather know His presence than His gifts. But He gives them both! He puts so many blessings in my life, and yours! And we know His love is greater than any other love that we could ever find! So... How do we respond to that great love? It should give us a desire, deep down inside of our hearts, to serve the one true living God and let His Light shine through us! We were once lost. We were slaves to sin. But God rescued us! And He rescued us so that He can work through us to rescue others who are in that prison still, His children! I want everyone to know the lie that I know by grace alone! I want the whole world to see the love of Christ! We are witnesses of the Light that has saved us from the threat of death! Let's proclaim the Light together, so that through us, God can reveal His power and glory!
ReplyDelete