June 9, 2018 MATTHEW CHAPTER 21
Our times gathering together as beleivers should be marked by prayer and compassion for others. The Jews has made temple worship into a business transaction.
The leaders had found a way to make worship all about them. We still struggle with this today.
We often analyze a service with a selfish perspective. "Did I like the songs?" "Did I enjoy the message?" "What did I get out of the service?"
What if we started asking different questions: "What did God get out of our time together?" "Was he pleased?" "Did the words I sang actually match my heart and the way I live my life?"
The leaders had found a way to make worship all about them. We still struggle with this today.
We often analyze a service with a selfish perspective. "Did I like the songs?" "Did I enjoy the message?" "What did I get out of the service?"
What if we started asking different questions: "What did God get out of our time together?" "Was he pleased?" "Did the words I sang actually match my heart and the way I live my life?"



In verse 22, Jesus says, "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." When we chose to follow Jesus, He starts changing our hearts and our minds to be more like Him. What we want starts changing to be what He wants. The desires of our hearts become what the desires of His heart are. And when we ask God for desires of His heart, He will do those things. He can work in ways that we could never even imagine! And just the fact that He wants to talk to us is incredible! We can talk to the one and only God who created the universe with His voice! The One who parted the sea for His people, who lead them through the wilderness! He will do the same for us when we ask Him!
ReplyDelete