June 5, 2018 MATTHEW CHAPTER 18
Jesus' reply and the story he told to illustrate it, show us the necessity of mercy and forgiveness in the believers life.
If we have been given grace, we will extend it to others. We didn't deserve Christ's forgiveness, but he gave it to us freely.
Why is it so hard to forgive others sometimes? How does Jesus parable of the "Unmerciful Servant" help?



I love verses 12-13, where the Shepherd brings back the sheep that wandered off. I love it because I know that I was that sheep. I wandered away from my Shepherd, because I thought I could do it on my own. But I realized I was missing something. Something big. I turned around, and saw my Shepherd right there. He wasn't going to let me go, He loved me too much to do that! And when I saw that, it changed me deeply. He brought me back where I belong, with Him. And He was so happy to have me back! God doesn't want to let go of anyone, and He will search the ends of the earth until He's found your heart
ReplyDeletePraise God for our Shepherd Jesus who diligently seeks after each of us!
Delete