June 11, 2018 MATTHEW CHAPTER 23

This chapter is a stinging rebuke of the religious leaders of Jesus' day. They were all about people's praise. Jesus could see their heart's desire underneath all their outward action.
This verse contains a warning and a promise. The warning: If we try to exalt ourselves, we will be humbled. The Promise: If we humble ourselves, we will be exalted.
Oh Lord, may we follow King Jesus' example of humble servant leadership!

Comments

  1. Verses 25-26 stand out to me because we can act like a Christian but not really be one. I used to do this. I wanted everyone to see how "good" I was, and that blinded me to the fact that it doesn't really matter. What does matter is actually knowing Jesus and having a personal relationship with Him! Before I had that personal relationship with Jesus, I was searching for the approval of people. So I would make sure that it was seen when I did something to help someone. But now I realize that we should not be looking for people's approval. That's not what matters. When we follow Jesus with our whole heart and our whole life, we will be judged by the world. We probably won't have the approval of people, but instead, their rejection, hatred, and disapproval. But I would rather be with Jesus than the world! He is worth everything! And I want my life to show that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts