May 23, 2018 MATTHEW CHAPTER 5
Six times, in this chapter alone, we hear Jesus say, "You have heard it said...but I tell you..." The picture above highlights the last of these sayings in chapter 5.
Each one of this mind boggling statements reveal that we need a deep internal heart transformation and not just external changes in our behavior.
Jesus raises the bar in these astonishing displays of authority and shows us our absolute need for Him. Only His indwelling presence can empower obediences to these commands.
Where do you see your need for Jesus most clearly in this chapter?



(Micah Waggoner) When reading Ch.5, for me its clearly seen that I need Jesus in verses 38-42. I'll be honest it's the most hard thing for me to turn my cheek and show love. When someone gets on me for something I always have to be on the upper hand and get back at them. But it's a joy to know Jesus isn't like that, when he was mocked he showed love, when he was beaten he showed love, and when he was cursed upon, he would turn his gaze at us and show love. This is why we struggle and need Jesus, He Was Perfect And He Will Always Be Perfect!
ReplyDeleteAmen, Micah! How crazy is it that He lives inside of us giving us the Spirit's power to love and live like He did?!?!? Wow!
Delete